This unique Fire and Tool Skills course will enable those who complete to use their new skills with children/learners and be insured to do so via the UK’s Leading Forest School Insurance Broker.
Perfect for Early Years Practitioners, Teachers, Child Minders, Outdoor Playgroup Leaders or anyone with an interest in getting people outdoors!
Fire and Tool Skills Training 16 hour course which is split in to 14 hours contact time & 2 hours self study (for completion of mandatory workbook)
Participants will gain a wealth of knowledge and new skills which will BUILD their confidence and skill set when taking children outdoors, enabling your establishment or group to enhance your already well embedded outdoor play provision!
We will cover:
- Site Risk Assessment
- Activity Risk/Benefit Assessment
- Dynamic Risk Assessing
- Considerations before using fire and tools with learners- including behavioral and environmental factors
- What to look for in a safe fire site
- Building your fire square
- Safety equipment required before lighting your fire and how to use it.
- Fire rules and discussing them with your learners.
- Different lighting techniques and tinder
- Safe extinguishing
- Why we ‘leave no trace’ – and how.
- Safe Systems of work for Knives, Loppers, Folding Saws, Bowsaw, Axe, Mallet and Storm Kettle
- Explain the and demonstrate a ‘blood bubble’
- Explain and demonstrate the’ safe working stance’And most importantly – show how to do ALL of this safely with young children!Courses led by ex armed forces engineer/ fire fighter and Forest School Leader and by a Countryside Ranger/ Forest School Tutor – we have a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field having worked with over 1500 children in the outdoors in the last year alone!We keep our Leader to learner ration LOW to enabling us to focus our time on ensuring EVERYONE leaves confident in using their new skills!Our next course will take place over the 25th & 26th August in Palacerigg Country Park, Cumbernauld and will run from 9am until 4pm.If you would like more information on the course then please email email@example.com