Outdoor Play Worker / Forest School Assistant
Outdoor Learning, Education & Training: Play Resource C.I.C (or OutLET: Play Resource C.I.C) is a Social enterprise based in South Lanarkshire, Scotland. We are dedicated to using Play and Culture to ‘level the playing field’ for those affected by social, emotional and economic deprivation.
Since setting up in 2016, we have worked with over 4000 families & children and created over 300 natural play opportunities.
We are looking for a sessional Play Worker to join OutLET: Play Resource and be part of a new team to deliver a wide variety of innovative play programmes and outdoor learning sessions.
These will include assisting in our Forest School sessions & at various outdoor play sessions which we provide with a number of different clients, including schools & community groups.
*This role would be offered on a sessional basis and does not guarantee work every week
*Early evening work and some weekend work will be required.
Your principle duties would be:
1. Providing safe, creative, appropriate play and outdoor learning activities in a variety of outdoor environments to a variety of clients.
2. Setting up play spaces including moving equipment and transporting kit to various outdoor sites.
3. To create a safe and fun environment for clients of all ages and abilities.
4. To deliver outdoor programmes in all types of weather throughout the year in a fun and safe manner and role model our positive approach to working outdoors at all times.
5. Any other relevant duties as discussed with the Manager or Owner
6. Working within the framework of OutLET: Play Resource C.I.C policies and procedures
You should be enthusiastic about playing outdoors in all weather and confident about providing activities such as playing in the natural environment, building dens and shelters, whilst working directly with children, families and local communities.
- Have a positive and enthusiastic approach to working in the outdoors
- Experience of working within a play-based / Forest School setting
- Good communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team but also to work from your own initiative
- Sound judgement and common sense
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and think on your feet
- Play work or Forest School Qualification
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Hold a full driver’s license and have access to a car
Safeguarding children is our priority – Successful applicants will be subject to PVG Scheme checks.
Anyone interested should send us their CV and Cover Letter.
Your Cover Letter should answer the questions outlined below:
Why is Play important to me?
If you were outdoors playing and it started raining, what would you do?
If you were taking a small group of children to play in a woodland setting and could only take 1 rucksack – what equipment would you take & why?
For.more information about OutLET: Play Resource C.I.C visit our website.
Closing Date: August 18th August
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £10.00 /hour
Please send cv AND cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates who send in both a cover letter and cv will be considered.